Monday, December 21, 2015

You have a problem

Well we all do. In fact Jesus said, "You will have troubles."
So as my Pastor once said. "Let me give you a seven day forecast."
"Trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble trouble, trouble, trouble."

I have some good news for you.

I can also tell you what you do for a living,

That is because we are all problem solvers.

The human race has become what it is by overcoming and solving, Yes thats right, PROBLEMS.

Can't find a job,? Well no one whats to give you a job. What they do want is someone that can solve their problem, or even better problems.

I had an HR director call me into the office once and ask me what I did at their company. I told her I solved problems. She asked me which one's I told her to ask the President of the company. She said she had. "What was his response" I asked?
She said he had told her he was unsure what exactly I did but whenever I worked there no one else had to work as hard. I was freelance and would work on and off a few months a year for about 6 years.
It really bugged her because there was no place to categorize me. So to solve her problem I quit. I was told later they had hired 5 different people to replace me before they finally fired her. Lol

Now think about this. Our species has very little hair for the elements. We have small teeth, We are not the best climbers or even close to the fastest runners, or the strongest. So how did we survive? We solved problems.
Have a problem. Well that's great. Just think about 10 years ago. You had one then also. You solved that one and you will solve this one also.

My son Lance told me once his view on suicide. "Suicide." he said, "doesn't solve your problems it just guarantees that your problems won't be solved, while giving greater problems to the ones you think won't miss you."

Thats why people say its selfish.

So next time you are faced with a problem, smile and realize that you where created, evolved, trained, bred, or became self aware to solve it.

If your problems are really overwhelming I have 3 things to do.


  1. Pray. I know you know God already knows your life and problems but sometime our greatest problems are just not talking enough to Him. 
  2. Meditate. If prayer is us talking to God meditation is him talking back. So sometimes it is a good idea to just shut up and listen. What if God doesn't speak back?
    1. Read His word. For 4000 years people have been solving their problems by going to the Bible. It just may work for you
    2. Listen to others. God will speak through others and they might not even know it. Maybe even through this blog. One can only hope.
    3.  A still small voice, Pray for discernment. You will hear 3 voices in your head, Your, Gods, and Satans, A test I have always used is to go back to the Bible. If you get a scripture number look it up. Why do I believe it is God speaking? First I don't know the Bible well enough to quote it and Satan will never, ever, use it. So if you get a verse in your head and look it up and it seems to have been written for your specific situation. That's God and it was...
  3. Do something. You cannot steer a parked car, boat, or life. Do something. Fail forward. Fail often, but definitely do something. I have to admit I believe more in blessings than I do in luck but I have seen to many miracles to think that it is just coincidence. One thing they all have in common. They happened while someone was doing something else. Key word, Doing.


Well that takes care of the problem I had today. What to Blog about.

Merry Christmas.  -Art


No comments:

Post a Comment