Friday, October 2, 2015

You might want to keep quiet and come with me.

In 2010 I was able to something even I find extraordinary. I was able to be on and work on every continent of the Earth that people live on. The only place I didn't go was Antarctica. I was called to work in October with the Country Gold Tour and we were going to go to Japan and China. We were in the Southern most island of Japan and visited Mt Aso which if you have ever toured with a bunch of country musicians could be a blog in itself,

We flew from Nashville to Detroit and were suppose to go over the Pacific but because of a Typhoon we had to re route over the Arctic the Russia and China. Our route had to take us 400 miles from North Korea but we were changing planes in Seoul. We were about 2 hours into the flight when I realized that when we had left the sun was shining into the left side of the plane. Now it was coming in on the right. It had never gone down, we just met it on the other side of the planet. Well kind of,,,

I opened the sliding blind to see that the sun was shining through the ice. It was at a level on the horizon that caused the ice to be blue and orange, red, teal, and purple. Imagine a sunset, all mixed up, laying underneath you. It was as if Picasso had pained a sunset. Like as far as you can see. With the Arctic blue sky and the sun on the horizon. It was so amazing. I had to yell to the band behind me. "Guys look out your window."

The guys kind of sleeping yelled back, "Art's shut up."

"No really, look out the window."

No really, SHUT UP!!!

"Guy's,,, LOOK OUT the freaken window."

"ART, SHUT THE F*&^ UP!!!"

By this time other passengers on the plane were opening their windows and you heard gasp's and OMG's. Photos were being taken and everyone was up by this time. It was quite spectacular. One of the many things in nature you only get one chance at ever seeing. I apologize because there is no way to describe it here, that would in anyway, accurately do it justice.

About 2 hours later one of the flight attendants came over to me and said, "Excuse me Mr Wasem you might want to be quiet and come with me."

Always up for a adventure (especially with a flight attendant) I followed. We went to the back of the plane and ALL the attendants were there waiting for me. The one that came to get me said that I might want to look out the window on the door. She knew I would appreciate it but that I might not want to share it with the other guest on the flight. I knew she was meaning the band. I looked out the window and there it was.

The Great Wall of China.

From 32,000 Feet.

It was really awesome. I kind of felt sorry for the other 250 people on the plane but I understood not wanting to cause a scene about it.

I took a couple pictures, thanked them for their thoughtfulness and returned quietly to my seat feeling quite blessed. Again!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment