Thursday, October 29, 2015

This won't hurt at all.

Since we are coming into the Halloween season I thought I would tell a couple funny horror stories that actually happened to me.

I worked once at an animation company in Carlsbad California off and on for a few years. Once after they had started to develop video games they hired a young lady as a front desk person who said she was a vampire.

I do have to mention that out of over 70 people that worked their I was, for most of the time I worked there, the only Christian.

Now this was before vampires where all sparkly and helped save people. They worked her. She could only come in before the sun rose and had to stay till after it went down, San Diego country has this thing called marine layer so it helped her a lot. The paid her hourly in the winter and put her on salary in the summer,

Now about a month after they hired her I was called into HR. The lady who ran the department said I had had a complaint filed against me from the receptionist. I wore a cross at the time and I was told that because I wore a cross I was causing the receptionist physical pain since we had to interact though out the day. I should mention that she had never said anything about it to me. I was told that they could not make me remove my jewelry but the company hoped I would be sensitive to her needs and remove it.

I was like "she says she drinks blood!"

I could tell that this was a serious concern even though I thought it may have been the stupidest reason for a meeting I had ever been involved in. Could I be sensitive to the needs of the blood drinking, vampire, un-errand running receptionist?

My jewelry was causing pain? How could she even type a lower case t?

The HR lady said she understood my viewpoint but since the complaint had been officially lodged she had to call me in and address it.

I said I had a idea and that I had to run out and get something that I thought would take care of it.

I went down to Encinitas to a store called Chronicles. It was a Christian Bookstore and other gifts. I asked if they had any dove necklaces. They did and I bought it. After all if you have been following my blog you will know the relationship I have always had with doves.

So I put in on and went straight to the receptionist and asked if THIS jewelry was upsetting her. She said it was fine. so I have since then and continue now to only wear doves.

The last thing I want is to cause anyone discomfort. Happy Halloween...

No comments:

Post a Comment