Monday, September 28, 2015

Once a Day

I guess it was about 20 years ago it started. For even a while before that I would use New Years Eve as a time to create resolutions to do throughout the year. These where always different from others resolutions where other people seem to want to give something up or start a new habit. My resolution were things I was going to do sometime in the up coming year. This particular year I was going to read the Bible. I didn't want to take to big a jump so I got the New Testiment only Bible in in Year. It's about a third the size of the whole Bible. It started me on a regiment of reading every day. I remember how excited I was when on December 31 a year later When I actually finished it.

The next year it was the entire Bible and once again I finished it in a year.

The next year I heard that there were 31 Proverbs and 31 day in certain months so I started reading a Proverb a month. I did that every day for that year.

The next year I started reading a chapter a month. I have been doing that now for about 20 years. Mostly business books and Biographies. Once or twice a year I will pick up a fictional story. I guess I have read 20-30 books a year for about 20 years.

A few months ago I reread Psycho-Cybernetics by Maxwell Maltz. I have decided that I will reread a chapter a day till the end of the year. I will supplement it with bio's only. One of the things in PS is that you need to remind yourself of past success's and not failures so in my journal I have ended each daily entry with a positive reminded from my past.

This morning my ASM, (read all about it) suggested that I blog my success's. I think that's a good idea. I really would not like to be remembered for my failure's. Beside's there might not be enough space on the web for those. So.

I  was on the set of Nashville last week and I received a text from a client Julie S. at the Monroe Harding Foster Care center. I had done their Summer Carnival a couple weeks earlier. While there she had said they were having trouble finding Faster Families. I mentioned that I was on the board at MADD and since these are parents that have lost kids to drunk divers maybe they could set up a table at the MADD walk in a few weeks? I am on the logistics team for that event also. She said in her text that she had been accepted as a table for the Upcoming MADD event.

The next text was from the Chair at MADD and the text thanked me for recommending Monroe Harding. She said it may be a great way to bring healing to the Parents who have suffered such a great loss.

As I read the text I said in my outer voice "Wow, I'm so cool." That was overheard by a couple people who didn't know me. When I realized how arrogant that sounded I had to tell them the whole story. After I did told them I said I was saying it because of the way things where working out and that I was not cool but this event I was orchestrating was. One lady stopped me and said, "No I agree. You are cool."

Well Okay if you must think so?

No comments:

Post a Comment