Friday, August 18, 2023

My dad's side.

 My Dad's Mom, my Grandmother, was a accountant for 20th Century Fox. His Father, my Grandpa was a scenic painter on Black and White movies. My Grandmothers sister, My Aunt Mary was the first female Editor for the LA Times Entertainment Section. 

I guess my Grandparent didn't want my Father to grow up in LA so they moved to St Louis, Mo. I remember going to her office when I was 5 or 6. We were going to watch a Thanksgiving Parade from her office window. We where on the 5 or 6th floor. Way above the Parade.

I remember her telling me she wanted to show me something. She reached into her basket on her desk and pulled out a check written to John Wayne. Of course I knew who he was. It was for a million dollars. $1,000,000.00. I really got to hold a check for a million dollars. I remember her saying that it wasn't for work. In fact, it was to hold him from doing any other work. 

Right then and there I knew that when I got as old as that John Wayne dude, I was going to be an Actor.

And since I am as old as that John Wayne dude. Guess what I am?

Yep. 

Can't wait t get my check for $1,000,000.00.

No comments:

Post a Comment